Though you might not be aware of it, standard Homeowners insurance policies – as well as auto, boat and business coverage – are limited.
The gap in coverage is why when damages or losses occur, you may be submitting a claim that will not compensate to the full extent you expect. For this reason, many opt for buying an affordable personal policy.
The Ins and Outs of a Personal Umbrella Policy
Because more than eighty percent of umbrella liability claims are in relation to car accidents, any driver could face catastrophic losses without it. Envision the following true-to-life risk examples.
• A sixteen-year-old boy drove his father’s car. He did not see the stop sign at the corner and crashed head on to another automobile. The other driver incurred severe injury to his back.
• A woman worked overtime for two weeks due to an overload of work. She was so tired when she drove home one evening that she fell asleep at the wheel causing her car to veer off the lane onto the oncoming traffic lane. A car saw the woman’s car coming at him and swerved to avoid a crash. The other driver’s car rammed into the storefront window glass of a retail shop. Damages included loss of goods and an injured worker.
• The kitchen contractor a homeowner hired was hard at work improving the cooking spot with reformations when the accident occurred: he tripped on a mound of wood scraps and hurt himself badly. Because he did not have enough personal insurance to cover the doctor and hospital bills, he sued the homeowner.
The Ins and Outs of a Business Umbrella Insurance Policy
If you are a business owner, you know that there are liability risks to your field. Gaps in standard commercial coverage could mean financial disaster in the event of significant losses and damages. Think about the following examples to realize the extent.
• An employee claimed her boss treated her incorrectly and sued for sexual harassment.
• An African American worker was unhappy because his boss switched him to another department. He sued the business owner for discrimination.
• The boss’s assistant developed a case of carpal tunnel syndrome, resulting in necessary surgery and a few months of occupational therapy.
• A passing pedestrian slipped on the sidewalk in front of a retail store and broke his ankle. He filed a pain and suffering lawsuit as well as for the related medical expenses.
PRIME Insurance is the leading agency that has been recognized by the industry and more than 10,000 satisfied customers that it services with excellence. Presented with prestigious awards and appointed to do direct business with scores of the top insurance companies, PRIME shops its broad network to bring you customized policies at competitively lowest quotes.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/9437731
4 total views, no views today